Caprese Pasta Salad
Gluten Free Caprese Pasta Salad
For the Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces chickpea pasta, cooked (we recommend Banza* Rotini)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces ciliegine mozzarella (mozzarella balls in water), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil
For the Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
In a large bowl, combine pasta, tomatoes, mozzarella and basil.
In a medium bowl, combine oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
Pour dressing over pasta salad and toss to combine. Garnish with sliced basil, drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve cold.
*Here are some tips while cooking Banza:
NUTRITION INFORMATION (using Banza) Yield: 6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330, Total Fat: 20.4g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 270mg, Total Carbohydrates: 24.9g, Dietary Fiber: 6g, Total Sugars: 5.8g, Protein: 17.9g
- Make sure you use enough (or even more) water as recommended on the box. To the water, add a pinch of salt and a splash of olive oil before adding in the pasta.
- When making this as a cold pasta, add a couple minutes to the cooking process (for the Rotini, we cooked it for 9 minutes).
- Once pasta reaches your preferred texture, strain it, and rinse under water as you strain. Rinsing Banza after cooking removes the chickpea starch that forms during the cooking process.